Established in 2014 by the Ronald Williams Library, the NEIU Libraries Award for Excellence in Research promotes the use of Library resources in the development of research and creative projects while recognizing outstanding NEIU student efforts in the area of library-based research. This year, up to four applications from the different colleges will be selected to receive $300 each.
For more information, please contact Mary Thill, Humanities Librarian, at email@example.com. For assistance with library research, please visit our chat service or to request an appointment with your subject librarian.
The deadline for Library Award applications is 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, April 11, 2021. We will announce the winners at the NEIU Research and Creative Activities Symposium on Friday, April 23, 2021.
Eligibility is limited to currently enrolled NEIU students who have used the Libraries resources for a research-based assignment submitted in the last academic year (Summer 2020, Fall 2020, Spring 2021).
Use the form below to apply for the NEIU Library Award for Excellence in Research. You must register from a valid NEIU email account.
Before you begin this application, please review the judges' criteria for this award at (linked below) and gather the following information:
1. Names, email addresses, and academic disciplines of all student participants
2. The primary contact's student ID number and phone number
3. The course number and the names/email addresses of faculty associated with the project
4. The title of your project
5. Notes to help you describe both your project and research process
6. The project's bibliography to attach to this form (preferably in PDF format; Word and Google docs also accepted)
If you have any questions or difficulties with this form, please contact Mary Thill, Humanities Librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org.