Welcome to the Music Library Guide. This guide will provide you with a good starting place to find information about using the library and finding resources. Didn't find what you needed? Need help defining a research topic or search strategy? Call or email me. My contact information is listed on the side of the page.
- Online resources available 24/7. Many online resources are licensed for NEIU users only, so you'll need to login using your NEIU NetID and Password when accessing them off-campus
- NEIU Library Catalog. Use the search box on the NEIU Libraries Homepage to search not only the NEIU catalog, but also those university library catalogs in the Consortium of Research Libraries in Illinois (CARLI). A catalog search can also help you discover library holdings around the world.
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL). If you can't find what you are looking for in our library, we most likely can get it for you quickly from another library, either through I-Share or WorldShare interlibrary loan.
- The I-Share catalog consists of holdings of more than 90 academic libraries in Illinois. To request a score or book through I-Share:
- Create a Library Catalog account using the 14 digit number on your NEIU ID card
- Use the search box on the NEIU Libraries Homepage to search the catalog
- Find an item not held by NEIU that you would like to borrow under "I-Share Libraries"
- Click on the "Borrow 1st Available in I-Share" button and follow the prompts
- Once the item arrives, you will be notified to pick it up at the library location you have requested
- WorldShare interlibrary loan is most often used to request an online version of a journal article the NEIU library does not own, but can also be used to request other items such as scores and books from libraries not included in the I-Share catalog. To use WorldShare:
- Use the search box on the NEIU Library Homepage to search the catalog
- Find an item not held by NEIU or I-Share Libraries that you would like to borrow under "Libraries Worldwide"
- Click on the "Borrow through WorldShare interlibrary loan" button and follow the prompts
- Online versions of requested articles will be delivered to your online WorldShare account, and print materials will be delivered to the library location you have requested
Find It @ NEIUThe button appears in library databases, Google Scholar, and the library catalog. The most common use of this service is to direct you to the full text online version of an article that is not available in the particular database you are searching. If the article is available online from another database, this service will find it for you. If the item is not available online, follow the link provided to search the catalog to see if we have a print copy in the library. If there is no online or print copy, follow the WorldShare interlibrary loan link to request it from another library.